Monday, August 18, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Today we got some VERY exciting news. This little house, hereafter known as "cobbler cottage", is going to be featured on the 36th annual Alton Historic House Tour.

As I've written in earlier posts, this house was built in 1850. It was originally a four room home.A room attached to the main living room was used as a cobbler shop.

I am in the process of gathering additional information to give the Alton Area Landmarks Association for the write up in the house tour brochure. I've already heard some interesting stories but I will share those as I verify their validity.

As for the progress today...WE HAVE ELECTRICITY!!!

Work continued on the drywall, and the new siding was started. I have to say I am disappointed in the look of it. I was told it would "very closely" match the existing wood siding and, as you can see, it doesn't closely match at all. It is much wider. I hope it looks alright when it is painted, but I admit I am a little worried. Now that I think about it, I didn't get to see the windows that were ordered either. I hope I'm not disappointed in them as well.



Now that the home is going to be on the house tour, the pressure is really on to get this project completed on time.

No comments: