Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Always Forward....Never Backwards"

Sunday after the episode with the house, my 6 year old daughter looked up at me and said "always forward...never backwards" We thought that statement was very insightful and great advice. We continue to work every night until the middle of the night. My poor husband is exhausted, yet he pushes on.

As for the progress, the bathroom tile was finished today. It just needs to be grouted. It look terrific. The sunroom floor has been completed and I gave the walls it's first coat of paint. I think the color is beautiful.



It looks as though the windows and the siding will not be finished by the house tour. Unfortunately, it looks like we will need to find someone else to finish the job that our current contractors are unable to complete. We are WAY over our contract deadline.

Normally, I would be furious. However, I am finding a strange sense of peace. Don't get me wrong. I wish it was finished. I wish the beautiful little porch was still intact and that Sunday everyone could see the cottage complete. It is going to be so fantastic...but, hopefully everyone will understand these are circumstances beyond our control.

No comments: