Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thank God No One Was Hurt

Today (My husband's birthday) we were awakened by a phone call saying someone had run into our house at about 5:30 this morning. At first I thought it was a joke. How could that be possible? But sure enough it happened. Someone slammed into the house and took off...Happy Birthday Randy.

When I first saw the house I almost cried. That beautiful little porch was gone. According witnesses we are lucky the damage wasn't much worse. The little cottage held it's own. I can't believe how well built it is. It just goes to show that "they don't make 'em like they used to".

Anyway, after a few moments of devastation, we pulled ourselves together. We have been working endless hours at the house trying to get it ready for next Sunday's historic house tour and we are not going to let this stop us. We will press on and we WILL be on the tour!



No comments: